Monday, January 9, 2012

Liebster Blog Award For Me!



I got an email the other day from Bridget at Flour & Friends, Bridget informed me that she was awarding me with the Liebster Blog Award. What a great email to get!  First I love talking to other bloggers.  I am new to blogging and I am always amazed by the blogging community.  There are so many great, friendly people out there and I love connecting with them.  I don't know if they know it - but I consider us all friends.   Second, I got an award!!!  It is so nice to know that Bridget enjoys my blog.  Makes me feel good!

The Liebster Blog Award is for up and coming bloggers who have a following list of less than 200.  Liebster is a German word that means favorite or dearest.  I feel honored that Bridget chose me to receive this award!  Now I get to share this award with five other bloggers I think deserve it.

Check out Bridget and her blog post about this award over at Flour & Friends and show her some love! She has a great blog with so many delicious recipes.  Not all sweets - which is inspiring me to try some new recipes and get out of our dinner rut!  All of her recipes look amazing!

Also check out these great blogs!

1.  The Garden of Yum - Raina has a great blog.  She does bake amazing desserts, but also so many yummy savory dishes.  I do sometimes want a break from sweet and Raina delivers.  Her Italian Beef Stew is so delicious you have to try it!

2.  Cakeballs, Cookies and More - Sue's blog's name says it all.  Cakeballs, cookies and more.  More sweets to tempt you.  Everything she bakes looks so delicious.  I don't know how she does it!  Her Christmas Sugar Cookies were so beautiful, and then there was the Chocolate Covered Bacon.  So many things to try!

3.  Lizy B - Lizy makes some of the most beautiful sugar cookies I have ever seen!  She is so talented and creative.  I love her Chanel Bag Post.  Beautiful cookies and she is funny too!  When I first tried royal icing I used Lizy's Thanksgiving Leaf cookies as a visual guide.  They were beautiful!

4.  The Sweet Swiper - Kirsten loves to bake and she has baked some pretty amazing desserts.  It is hard to choose just one.  But my current favorite has to be the Chocolate Whoopie Pies with dulce de leche buttercream frosting - wow!  I also love her Oreo Cheesecake Brownies.  I love to see what she is baking.

5.  Dreaming of White Chocolate - At Michelle's blog you will find yummy white chocolate recipes.  But also - all kinds of sweets.  I could read all day.  Especially FUDGE!!  She has a post titled My Fudge Recipe CollectionSo many different fudge recipes, so little time.  How will I bake them all?? 


What is so amazing about all of these bloggers is that they share their secrets!  I love seeing what they have baked or cooked up.  And I know they will leave me a road map so I can also be successful at it too - gotta love it.  Show them some love and go check them out - you won't be disappointed.

Congratulations, ladies! You all deserve it.  Now here’s what you gotta do:

- Choose 5 up and coming blogs of fewer than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them
- Post the award on your blog.

Have a great day everyone!







7 comments:

  1. You are right the blogging world is amazing and it's so nice to meet new woman that share the same hobbies! I love finding new recipes, it's what keeps me happy and going. I can't wait to see future posts from you and you are very well deserved of this award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bridget. That is so nice to hear! Here's to 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Susan! I hope you enjoy your blogging adventure. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks so much again, I was so excited when you told me last night. My hubby is all "are you famous yet?" I told him yes, what he doesn't know won't hurt him:) I cannot wait to pick out five of my own to share!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jennifer and Paula!

    Sue - you are famous! I was so happy to award it to you. Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan! Thank you very much for the award. I am very honored. And thank you for your kind words:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love reading every one of them!