Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oreo Truffles



Happy New Year!!  I hope everyone had a great holiday season and is settling into the new year.  I can't believe 2011 is over, but I am looking forward to 2012.  I started blogging late in 2011 and I am really enjoying myself.  I enjoy the community of bloggers, all of the amazing recipes I have found, sharing my creations and failures, and all of my readers and your comments.  Thank you! 

Did you make any resolutions?  I am not really going to make any resolutions.  I won't write them down anyway.  But I would like to improve on my photography this year and I would like for my husband to finish our basement :).  The basement has been an ongoing project for several years.  I know if I would let him go down there for a month straight he would finish it but when he is home I usually want him around!

Question for you - Do you like Oreos? Stupid question right? Who doesn't love Oreos? Well, my son, Alex, doesn't but that is a story for another day. I found these Oreo truffles on the Kraft Recipes website and they looked yummy and easy- perfect combination!  I was a little apprehensive.  I have never made truffles before but this is one experiment that I loved.  Loved making them and loved eating them.  I think they came out great.  Might be the easiest recipe you come across.


Oreo Truffles

1 16 ounce package Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, softened
16 ounces of semi sweet chocolate, melted

1.  Place Oreos in a ziploc bag and crush until fine.  I used a rolling pin and then a mallet.  I need a food processor!
2.  Combine 3 cups of the Oreos and softened cream cheese. Blend using spatula or spoon until creamy.
3.  Shape into balls.  I used a small scoop to get uniform sized balls.
4.  Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
5.  Melt chocolate.  I melted mine in a double boiler and then transferred to a bowl that made dipping easier.  Dip balls in melted chocolate and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Sprinkle with remaining Oreo crumbs.
6.  Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.  Enjoy!!

This post may be shared with: Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms - Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Clairejustineoxox - Creative Mondays, Skip To My Lou - Made by You Monday, Sweetology - Tea Party Tuesday, Crazy for Crust - Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Inside Bru Crew Life - Trick or Treat Tuesday, Mrs Fox's Sweets - Sweet Party, Junk In Their Trunk - Link It Up Wednesday, Hugs and Cookies XO - Wonka Wednesday, Food Corner - Midweek Fiesta, Something Swanky - Sweet Treat Thursday, Talking Dollars and Cents - Sweet Temptations, Happy Hour Projects - Freestyle Friday, Toys In The Dryer - Fun Stuff Fridays, Alli-n-Son - Sweet Tooth Friday, Well Seasoned Life - Sweet Indulgences Sunday

18 comments:

  1. Yummy, I haven't tried these yet but do want to. Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum these are so good, I love making them :) Happy to be your newest follower! Come check my blog out sometime I'd love to hear from you :)
    http://bridgetbakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us at Creative Mondays,these look great,I love the sound of everything that goes into them as well Oreo being one of my favourite biscuits too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oreo Truffles are awesome. One of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative recipe! Our grandchildren would gobble these up/ Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my daughter's favorite treat, hands down! They are great coated in white chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, sweet and simple and involves OREO's??????? WINNER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! I have made these and my family loves them. I like that you covered them in chocolate; usually, I see them with white chocolate. I bet they taste great:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So delish! My son would go crazy for these as Oreos are one of his favs! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful for the chocolate lovers in my house!
    newest follower. come visit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so delicious. Would like to invite you to my link party when possible
    Midweek Fiesta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...my sister-in-law to be made these and brought to our Christmas Eve celebration! Her's were dipped in dark and white chocolate - MMM delicious! I love it!

    Sarah @ dwellonjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, I've heard great things about those so now I'm pretty sure I need to make them. Thanks for sharing that easy recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies. I enjoyed making these. They were easy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! These Oreo Truffles are featured this week at Mrs Foxs Sweets party for being one of the most viewed sweets for last week! :) Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love reading every one of them!