Before I tell you about these super cute, super EASY cupcakes we need to go over some other things!
First - Have you heard Google Friend Connect is going away? Not really sure why. That is how I keep up with all of the blogs I am following. I have installed the new Linky Followers tool and Networked Blogs tool you can use to follow me if you like. They are on the sidebar.
Second - just wanted to say how much I appreciate every feature I have gotten on other blogs. It really makes my day. I absolutely love knowing that someone else enjoyed what I baked and wants to share it with their readers. I have a page that shows all of the blogs I have been featured on. Thanks again!
Third - Bridger from Flour n' Friends has tagged me in this fun questionnaire! Bridget's blog is great and I love having her as one of my blog friends. She very supportive of me and I love supporting her back! So here I go:
1. I have two great kids. Alex who is 3 1/2 and Rachel who is almost 2. They are the best part of me!2. I am totally a type A personality. Very competitive, which comes out all the time. Especially if you are playing cards with me - or any other game!
3. I have 1 sister who lives in Chicago. Hi Kimmy!! I want her to move to Georgia - but so far no luck.
4. I graduated from Syracuse University with a B.S. in accounting. And I am a CPA. I still hold my license and keep it up just in case I need it again someday!
5. I'm trying to work out
more. I can't say more because I haven't been at all! I still have baby weight from Rachel and really would love to get back into my old clothes. You know - great move baking all the time :)!
6. I live in a great neighborhood with a bunch of stay at home mom's and I love when my kids play outside because it is like happy hour for me - minus the alcohol!
7. I said I would NEVER drive a minivan because I hate the way they look and I am now secretly totally CRAVING one! I think sliding doors would make my life so much easier!!
8. I met my husband at work. He is British and yes, he does speak with an accent. But I really don't hear it anymore.
9. I don't think I am a very good writer. After all I am a math geek, CPA. But I think this blog is helping me become better and I hope you will put up with me.
10. Every time one of my sweets is featured on another blog I am amazed. I can't believe that someone else likes what I have baked.
11. I don't think I am that creative! I am good at getting inspiration from other people and trying to make it my own.
12. I think I am pretty laid back, calm and nice. But don't mess with my kids. Remember that movie - The Hand That Rocks The Cradle - ? The one with Rebecca De Mornay? I am her - breaking kids arms on the playground if they mess with my babies!
Bridget's Questions for Me:
1. Whose your role model? Hmmm - that is a hard one. I have to say my Mom. She is the kind of Mom I want to be and she is a strong woman.
2. Savory or Sweet? SWEET!!! Although - I do like savory too!
3. Besides blogging..what's your next go to hobby? I love to scrapbook also.
4. Goals for 2012? Finish Rachel's baby book (she's almost 2) and lose those baby pounds :0!
5. Favorite thing to eat? Chocolate
6. What's your guilty pleasure? Time alone, a.k.a. peace and quiet!
7. Favorite T.V show? NCIS, The Mentalist, Person of Interest, Modern Family and Parenthood. I couldn't pick just one!
8. Favorite thing to bake/cook? Cupcakes.
9. How did you get into blogging? I took a Wilton cake class and decided to bake something every week to practice my skills and get better. Blogging was a way for me to keep track of what I had done and for my friends to see. It has become a much bigger part of my life that I thought it would and I had no idea such a great community was out there.
10. What's your favorite thing to do on a weekend? Relax and actually spend time with my husband.
11. If you could go on vacation anywhere, where would you go? There are so many places I haven't been. But I have been to Australia for 3 weeks and it was so great. I would love to go back - 3 weeks was not enough!12. What's your favorite website? PINTEREST! I could
OH MY!!! Back to the cupcakes:
I first saw these cupcakes on Glorious Treats and I fell in love with them. They are so cute and sooooo easy to make. Bake your favorite cupcakes and make your favorite buttercream. Once the cupcakes are cooled use serrated knife to cut the top off.
Then frost the cupcake. Carefully put the top of the cupcake back on over the frosting and sprinkle with powdered sugar. That's it!! Easy peasy. I love these cupcakes and will be making them for every holiday :)